Eating while “on the go” doesn’t have to be unhealthy
What’s In Them:
- 1 large/230g red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g sliced mushrooms, preferably large field mushrooms
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1 can lentils, drained/weighing about 200g cooked lentils once drained
- 2 heaped tablespoons/100g natural greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Fetta to crumble over the top (optional)
How To Make:
- Pop the oil, mushrooms, chilli (if using) and onions into a large fry pan, and cook until the onions are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Then stir in the spinach to just wilt, and tip everything into a large bowl to cool a bit.
- In a separate bowl mix all the other ingredients together except for the fetta, then mix this egg mixture in with the cooled mushrooms.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm square cake tin with baking/parchment paper or line individual muffin trays with large squares of baking/parchment paper. Pour in the mixture and crumble some fetta over the top.
- Bake in 180ºC oven for 40 minutes if in a large pan, or 15-20 minutes if in individual muffin size.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before eating.